Is my babys bedtime too late?

My daughter is 5 months old and goes to bed between 10:30 and 11:00 every night. Is that too late?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not if it works for you guys...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• What ever works best for you and your schedule, once she is older she should have an earlier bed time.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Too late for me because I enjoy some alone time with dh before bed, but whatever works for you. As long as your kids are sleeping later in the AM too and getting enough sleep then continue.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You have to set a bedtime that works best for your family. We had ours that late for a while and she changed it on us to 9 and now she has changed it again to 8. She sleeps about 12 hours at night.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My DD sleeps from about 10-8 with a boob at about 5am.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Your baby will set her own sleep schedule. Their bodies know how much sleep they need. If she's not sleeping til 10 or 11, but sleeping later in the morning, that is just fine. She will gradually adjust it herself. All of mine did.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When my baby was 5 months, we put her to bed between that time too. Actually, until now we still do, and she's already 17 months old. The schedule works best for us. Oh, and she wakes up at 9am, so about 10 hr sleep.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 1:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Too late for me? Yes. Too late for you? I guess not! Do what works.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• whatever works for you and your family. I personally enjoy time with my fiance and as soon as we got home with our daughter from the hospital, every night we started going along with this routine that we created by following her lead (when she NORMALLY showed signs of nearing a nap or being ready to go to bed for the night) along with a schedule that we thought worked for us as well and within 2 weeks she was on a set schedule. In bed by 8 every single night like clock work. She just turned 1 on January 4th and since she was 2-3 weeks old has been sleeping from 8PM till (THE EARLIEST) 730-8AM. But the in the past month or so she has at least 3-4 times a week been sleeping from the usual 8PM straight thru until well past 9AM...but I try not to let her sleep past 930AM. Lucky I have been, but we worked hard to get her used to bed time, and everything about it.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When my boys were that age (and still feeding through the night) I let them stay up that late because I was up too. That way, we went to bed together and they didn't need another feeding until we had both had a good 4 hours of sleep.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009