they wont give me an extension.

okay, so i am overdue on my phone bill three month its 200 and something dollars, so they sent me a disconnection notice and i called to get an extension i am waiting on my check to come in the mail and it hasnt! and i told themi would pay it all on or by the 25th and said no ma'am your phone will be disconnect tomorrow, they said icould make a payment of 22 something.. okay if i had 22 dollars, i would have something to eat in my fridge and i would have gas in my car!!

Rawr, i'm aggravated with them. stupi at&t why dont they understand me?
why cant they just change the date just two more days!! two!!

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• If youre past due that long thats why. They dont normally do any more extensions after so many months or days. Theres nothing they can do. Its how the computers are set up so they dont continually extend people bills and never get paid. Thats why.

Answer by gemgem at 12:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• because its already been 3 months. If you are having trouble paying the bill, getting food and gas, then maybe you could get a cheaper phone plan?I know how tough the economy is right now, its hard on all of us, but its because of things like this, people not wanting to pay their bills.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• They have already given you 3 months...I think thats more than enough time JMO
    I'm sure your going through a rough patch right now, but so are many other people and you have to understand that a business is a business. Some businesses are struggling to get money from people so they have to do whats right for themselves.
    As soon as you pay your bill they will reconnect it for you.
    Anonymous

• i havent had the money to pay them. all my bills are in red. my past due on my rent.
    this sounds messed up but if they do cut it i'm not going to bother paying them anymore
    because i dont have the damn money to pay 200 plus 200 reconnection and another deposit of 100 yeah its not happening!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• its not that i dont want to pay my bill. i dont have the money to pay my bills!!!
    if i could i would of paid three months ago. but i cant!! i really cant!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Wow I feel bad when I am 3 days late. I didnt know they didnt disconnect you for that long. Live and learn. I hate owing anyone money. Maybe you can pawn something, or get a cell phone thats pay as you go rather then regular phone service so you dont find yourself in this position again? You should also take a money management class.
    As for food call around to some food banks and churches. Alot of them can help you out.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like your living beyond your means. You need to cut back on everything and cut out any thing that isnt a NEED. You should also go to social services and see about emergency services for things like your light or water bill. If they can pay those down itll free up some money for you to pay other things they dont help with like the phone.

Answer by gemgem at 12:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't even worry about the phone if you don't have food in the fridge. I might consider giving up the internet too!
    Anonymous

• If you don't pay it, it won't go away!! It will remain on your credit report and will come back to haunt you.
    Just pay the bill when you can and get service through someone else if you want a phone.
    You are making this sound like its A&T's fault, but really you are the only one to blame.
    Anonymous

• Well, imagine it would be your company. Would you wait for the money if you NEED it to cover your bills? Nope, you def. wouldnt.

Dont use the phone when you know u are still waiting on your pay check and cant pay for it.

Really sorry, but its not their fault that you cant pay. They want there money, and they are absolutely right. They make the rules on WHEN you have to pay. If you dont do it in time, well they cut the phone off so you wont be able to use it anymore... until you pay for it.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009