Has this ever happened to you?

My SO of 3 years and I are getting ready to get engaged. He has the ring and is waiting for the right time. But I have been feeling wierd. I love him with all my heart and I think about him alot, but it feels boring to be with him and talk to him, so alot of times I would just rather not. Whats wrong!!!

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are bored by him, I'd say you shouldn't marry the guy. In 10 years how do you think you'll feel?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Hmm. You've been with each other for three years. Maybe the fire is down to a flame. Better fan it and see if you can pick it up a bit. It happens. It happens more than once for many couples. Life gets in the way of us being interesting and interested. If you're bored with him, you may be boring to him. You both may be bored in general.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 12:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i got a little cold feet when i was going to marry my fiance but i just knew he was the one for me. we got married and i was right. if you don't know for sure even with feelings are uncertainty then maybe you shouldn't marry this guy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• See - here's what I don't get.

Why is it HIS job to propose? You've been together three years, he has a ring - why is HE in control???

Maybe it's because I was older when it happened, but when DH & I became engaged it was a mutual decision - he didn't ask me - we decided together.

I can't imagine hanging around waiting for someone to decide my life.

As for the OP - are you expecting to be excited and thrilled by every little moment? Marriage is not like that. It is wonderful and I would never trade it but it's not rainbows and unicorns.

"Bored" can mean a lot of things - is there someone else you like to talk with more?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009