Since when is a Mom not a Woman?!?

I get so tired of hearing "You can't do that once you're a mom" or "Once you're a mom you can't be this or that". I am a woman AND a mom... So what thing fall in to that list of things that moms can't be or do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think what people mean by that is that you have to be a bit more conscious of your decisions when you are a mom, because you are responsible for someone's life. Let's say you like to live on the edge. There is nothing wrong with that, unless you bring another life into this world that you would be responsible for.. then you have to worry about what this person would do if you were to die or become unable to care for them. That's how I always took it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You can do anything you want to do-its just a little more challenging when you have kids.

Just don't listen to them if they bother you.
    Anonymous

• As long as it doesn't hurt your kids, it's fair game. My husband and I still go dancing all night, throw parties, go to movies, take weekend getaways, etc. Our main priority is that our daughter is with trusted family and that she is happy and healthy. But, it's super important to do things that any other woman would do...because you ARE still one!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 1:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• nobody ever told me something like that. and even if, its my life and as long as im still a good role model for my child there is nothing to worry about :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I freekin hate that. I'm due in march and planning on starting a masters program. I worked my way through school and have a supportive husband. People are saying, you can't do that when you have the baby. It pisses me off to no end. I'm not dying.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 1:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009