Where to get a baptism for my daughter

I was baptised Catholic but consider myself just a general Christian so where should I get my daughter baptised?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would have her dedicated rather than baptized. You can check with the church you attend about a baby dedication. Which is basically saying you will raise her up teaching her about the Lord. Then when she is older and can make the decision for Christ herself she can be baptized.
    Anonymous

• Christians don't baptise babies. We believe that it is a choice the child makes when they are old enough to make it. We do do baby dedications though.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. Most Christian faiths (not all) believe that Baptism is the begining to a personal relationship with God and Jesus. You can not make the desition for your child. They have to. Let them do it when and if they are ready.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2009