Anyone a survivor of sexual, physical or emotional abuse?

What I want to know is there anyone that has endured any of these abuses and not just surviving, but actually living a happy healthy life? I still struggle so much from these 3 abuses that happened to me, that I find it hard to be completely happy in my life. How do you move past the pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I have come to terms with the emotional abuse I went through and was to young to actually remember the sexual abuse though for a long time it did make me think sex was dirty. I also know that I needed to move on because I am the only one who can control what happens in my like and I am stronger then those people who harmed me. Hating them, cursing them, etc. only gives them power even if they are not there to use it. If you cannot move on by yourself perfessional help may be the way. This is also a reason why I choose psychology as my major so I can help people who are having problem coming to terms with these types if things. Until you move on and put it in your past it will keep controlling you.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 10:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I still hate the motherf***** that molested me as a child.I can never forgive him and was never "free" during sex.I always thought i am nasty for wanting to have sex.
    It is hard to deal with it
    Anonymous

• Well I have never been through what you guys have been through! But My hubby is very abusive verbaly! He calls me a come and Lazy hoe, hoars, bitches you name it and #1 I work full-time and take care of our four month old umm that doesn't sound lazy to me! He is the Lazy one! ummm he says that cuz I won't give him sex 7 days a week! He says a lot of hurtful things he is one of those people that will say what ever they want when ever they want to and don't care whether its the wrong time or not hes says what ever to anyone! My whole family is really starting to hate him!
    krzymommyroo

Answer by krzymommyroo at 10:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I was sexually molested by my stepfather from the age of 4 to about 15-16. It took time and lot of tears, but I got through it. You have to realize it wasn't your fault. I went through the time of thinking I was disgusting, ugly, nasty and not worthy to be here. He can't beat you down unless you let him. You have to empower yourself. You have to learn to love yourself. You have to forgive, but not forget. Carrying that weight upon yourself isn't healthy. I have been down that road and it was horrible, but I made it through. I found myself and god damn it, I love me. Seek counseling, they can help. Never give up on yourself, never.
    Teens-n-Twins

Answer by Teens-n-Twins at 11:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I have been mentally and physically abused in the past. I was able to move past it, but it wasnt easy. It took a lot of time and the love and complete trust of a man that I am in love with and committed to. The first few years of our marriage wasnt easy, but through patience and his unconditional love, I was able to put those old fears and nightmares away. Some people arent so lucky and require years of counseling....
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 3:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I am lucky and my husband has helped me a lot with it all.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My father emotionally abused me. I have overcome it too, my husband also had alot to do with my getting better. It's not easy, but you can do it.
    Anonymous

• I've had physical and emotional abuse done to me by my ex husband. It has been almost a year since I've even seen or spoke with him and it is still hard. Sometimes I remember the "goodtimes" and miss him. I felt like shit for so long I'm just starting to come out of it and get my self esteem back a little. It's really hard.
    Anonymous

• yes I have been through all three and I am very happy to say I am living a full happy life!! I am lucky and very blessed that I have so many friends that helped me. I also have a great hubby who supported me and loved me unconditionally throughout my healing process. I promise you hun, it is possible to recover from the horror you have suffered. If you ever need to talk please know that I am here for you!!
    danagoddess

Answer by danagoddess at 2:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2008