How to wean from both breast and moms bed.

Hello, I have a 14 month old who I'm still breastfeeding and would love some advice on how to wean her, easy. I know that it isn't an easy process, but i give in way to easy cause shes my first and i love her so much. she sleeps in the bed with my husband and i and I'd like to wean her from that as well, she wakes in the middle of the night for me so weaning her from both will be hard. she wont take a passy either, she doesn't drink from a bottle anymore (her choice) and she doesn't like whole milk often, when she does, and its very seldom, she likes it to be set out for a while before drinking. I've tried warming it in the microwave, she doesn't like it. My husband and i live with his father so there are no rooms for the baby to sleep in alone. if anyone has advice PLEASE help me.

Tmehiar

Asked by Tmehiar at 1:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try the stoneyfield farms whole milk yogurt drinks instead of the whole milk for now. They make peach and banana and are yummy.

If she is still really attached to nursing, you may have to shorten each feeding by a couple of minutes until you eliminate them one at a time. Keep the one she likes best for last.

As far as sleeping with the baby in your bed, start putting her in her crib. After she nurses, put her back to bed. You have to wean yourself off this one as well, and it may not be the easiest thing emotionally.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Why are you weaning her so early? AAP suggests at least until age 2. Also you are wanting to do 2 stressful things at one time (weaning and getting her into her own bed) Why not slow down and do things a little slower?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2009