I didnt imagine my life this way...

I am getting depressed. I love my son & it has nothing to do with him. we have so many bills in debt about 50,000+. I live with the father of my son and we are engaged (have been for like a year, no plans for a wedding though!). We get a long about 60% of the time. He watches our son 1 day a week so i can go to school. All he does when he watches him is put on the tv and get on the computer! It is irritating when I am at home the rest of the week and i have to say No tv or put him on time out cos his father lets him do whatever! Then we got in an arguement about how he has been doing the dishes every night and how he does all the cleaning. Which is true, he has been doing the dishes cos I cut my hand really bad and couldn't get it wet! I still have been doing the dishes about 1/2 the time though. But for some reason he wont accept that!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I just dont know what to do anymore. I have told him a billion times about the tv thing. All it seems is that we argue about the same things. What do i do?
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should renegotiate this relationship and set boundaries and expectations. I think it should be 50/50 on all chores myself. I don't let my grandkids watch tv. I think it's a terrible thing to use as a babysitter like many families do now. I don't think you can make him stop since he's wanting to be on the computer. Do you have someone else who might be a more attuned sitter? Maybe the school has a day care facility. Maybe you can take online classes. I am having a hard time understanding why a man so far in debt spends his time on the Internet. I would think he'd be trying to find ways to get that debt down....unless he is researching investments online. I wouldn't push for a wedding until all of this is resolved including zero debt.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• oh girl, sounds like u took a page out of my book- I was just on here the other day talkin about similar issues, but from my own experiences and from what I've gotten from fellow cafemoms is that..each parent has their own parenting style. I am the all affectionate, protective, loving, interacting parent, he on the other had does love our daughter to death but on mornins' when I get to sleep in all he does is turn on the tv to what HE wants to watch or if he does put on cartoons or something for her I can hear him snoring. so I end up gettin up b/c I don't want to leave her unattended.. now my house well my living room which is her play room is totally babyproof thanks to me b/c he doesn't think that puttin away certain things so they don't fall or even become a temptation is worth it.. he would much rather say no 50 times and get frustrated when she doesn't listen.. so my advice to u..is deal or leave...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• oh girl, sounds like u took a page out of my book- I was just on here the other day talkin about similar issues, but from my own experiences and from what I've gotten from fellow cafemoms is that..each parent has their own parenting style. I am the all affectionate, protective, loving, interacting parent, he on the other had does love our daughter to death but on mornins' when I get to sleep in all he does is turn on the tv to what HE wants to watch or if he does put on cartoons or something for her I can hear him snoring. so I end up gettin up b/c I don't want to leave her unattended..
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2009