Has anyone got pregnant while on a depo shot and if so, how vcan you tell you are pregnant?

I was put on a depo shot June 2nd. They told me it wouldn't go into effect for the first three weeks. IMe and my boyfriend had a few slip ups. II am having pregnancy symptoms but I have also had three negative pregnancy tests. But I feel so miserable some days. Is it really the side effects of of my depo shot?

JNLs_mom

Asked by JNLs_mom at 10:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• MY COUSIN HAD GOTTEN PREGO WITH HER FIRST TWO WHILE ON THE DEPO SHOT... HONESTLY IT DOESNT WORK... THE GOOD OLD FASHOINED BIRTHCONTROLL I HONSESTLY WORKS THE BEST... GO TO THE DR... GET A BLOOD TEST. AND IT WILL TELL YOU THE AMOUNT OF HCG IN YOUR BLOOD TEST.... YES IT COULD BE THE DEPO SHOT BECAUSE IT IS REALLY HARD TO TELL WHEN YOU ARE ON THE DEPO SHOT.... I KNOW THIS WILL NOT FULLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BUT I THOUGHT I SHOULD HELP A LITTLE.... GOOD LUCK.
    autumnwheeler

Answer by autumnwheeler at 12:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• THE DEPO SHOTS DOES WORK I WAS ON IT FOR FOUR YRS AND NEVER GOT PREG PEOPLE GET PREGO BECAUSE THEY HAVE SEX RIGHT AFTER THE SHOT UR SUPPOST TO WAIT I THINK LIKE FOURTEEN DAYS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.. BUT SOMETIMES WHEN THEY GET PREG THEY HAVE A FLOBUEN TUBE VERY DANGEROUS AND THEY HAVE TO TAKE THE BBY OUT RIGHT AWAY OR THE MOITHER CAN DIE... BUT THAT ONLY HAPPENS SUMTIMES
    Anonymous

• I was told the shot is effective immediately..I got pregnant less than a month after getting it..OK, now I am wondering if my doc was mis informed..
    carterscutie85

Answer by carterscutie85 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2010