• In the Spotlight:

How do you remove crayon from the walls?

My son found a non washable crayon, black of course, and wrote all over the walls!

julieh0906

Asked by julieh0906 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Some good old tooth paste and water... be careful not to scrub to hard though... use an old sock the inside is soft and does a good job. No need to spend money on a magic eraser when you can use something that is always in the home. Trust me it works thats what i used and it was a suggestion by another cafemom mother to me.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• mr clean magic eraser works wonders.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 1:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You might try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser..............I got most of the crayon off of my wall with one. However, my friend used one of these on her wall, that had a special type of painting technique applied, and it altered the appearance. So just be careful.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 1:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Go get some Goo Gone. It should take the Crayon off without hurting the paint.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my sister did that when she was little, we used mr clean magic eraser. worked wonders...then we fond out the whole wall was dirty tho hah. so if u use that and ur walls arent clean ull notice. so free up your schedule haha
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i fourth the magic eraser..but be careful it dont take the paint off your walls. you may also want to try a piece of brown paper bag and a hairdryer..but thats a little trickier..works but is awkward to do lol...i would stick to the m.e. but again be careful
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 2:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009