Can i file harrassment charges?

I testified against someone in court about 6 months ago. Their trial is on the 30th of this month. They are wanting me to change my statement and i said no. Because i said no, they have called the cops on me 2 times and CPS twice. They have also called my phone 12 times yesterday saying they are going to put me in jail(i have that on voicemail) and that they will keep calling if i dont talk to them(on voicemail) and calling me nasty names(on voicemail). Can I press harrassment charges on them for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One more quick question. Would it be a good idea to get a lawyer?
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yes you can. What they are doing is against the law and you should inform the police immediately. You can also get a no contact order. YOu need to inform the cops before their hearing.
    Anonymous

• Yes, and I would do it. Also, i would probably get a restraining order too.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yes. They can also be be charged with witness tampering. You need to call the D.A and give them whatever you have.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You sure can. And you should. Especially since they are bringing your children into it. There is no need for that kind of mess, and I would be worried about my childrens safety as well as my own. I also agree with the restraining order.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 1:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• OK good thank you ladies. I forgot to add all 4 phone calls to the cops and CPS were in a 5 day period. I honestly am scared.
    Anonymous

• I had never heard of witness tampering but i found this.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/1619/Obstruction-Justice-Witness-tampering-retaliation.html

Anonymous

• If your'e scared then all the more reason to call. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Call them ASAP. Keep us posted. I'm curious what they say.
    Anonymous

• Yes you should call the police right away! And have charges brought up againt them
    joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 3:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I dont' think a lawyer is necessary.
    Anonymous