• In the Spotlight:

What can i take for a cough?

I'm twelve weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cough drops. you cant take a whole lot when your pregnant. if its really bad call your dr and ask him dont go by what everyone on here says is safe to take because every pregnancy is different. Cold medication can raise your blood pressure and your pregnant so you dont want that happening right now.
    Anonymous

• my doctors office said that robitussin dm or triaminic syrup was ok to use but that up to 16 weeks you should becareful and use the lowest recommended dosage and for the shortest period of time. I just used cough drops and sitting in the bathroom with the water on hot to steam the room helped also a vicks vaporizer at night helped.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Call your doctor. My doctor told me I can take Robitussin and Mucinex. But I don't want to tell you that's ok if you're doc doesn't agree. They should be able to tell you online. If you haven;t got to a doc yet, call any OBGYN doc. They should tell you anyway.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2009