why is the world just seeking to dig in deeper with politics instead of prayer

i'm a spiritual woman and believe faith is the key to all things but prayer is the leading peace within a person's heart,

Pinkmonky64

Asked by Pinkmonky64 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is great that prayer makes you a stronger person but for others that is not what they seek. I rather try to fix the things going wrong in the world then "pray" it will get better. I do not believe in the power of prayer. I do not believe god is going to make it all better, so I would rather take political science so I can help better this world then philosophy to try and wish the problem better.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 10:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• A for me after converting to islam I have to types of prayers
    I pray "salah" which is like act of worship set at different times through the day. My first prayer is before sunrise I get up every morning and pray and then the rest through out the day
    We also have some called "making dua' which is like suplicating to god taking to god and what not
    my life has changed so much in doing thease it keeps me in rememberance of god. It has changed my life around. I agree with you the world needs more prayer
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 10:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I am missing your point. What does that have to do with politics?
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Because...it is the world...We as Christians are not suppose to be of the "world", we are to be set apart, different.

Part of our part as Christians, we need to pray, Even if it is interceding for others, including those in Poltics, for their eyes to be opened.

The "world" has yet to see or know what it is we know.

Romans 14:11
    It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'
    mscoolbreeze

Answer by mscoolbreeze at 11:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I agree...   The more people get away from G-d the more down hill the world seams to go.  I my self choose to stick to my religion.  I feel the world is fast coming to an end and I want to be sure of my place in Heaven,,,   Just my opinion...
    Hadassah_Kay

Answer by Hadassah_Kay at 12:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I think it's the christian morals that are the problem. Not everyone has rights and free choices and are attacked daily in the name of the christian god, so I feel like the further away we are from that the better, based on my own experiances.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• They love the world more than the LORD JESUS CHRIST. They want it there way not HIS way. They have no time for prayer and bible study.
    yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 6:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• MONEY!!!!!!!!! IT IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL
    Barb947

Answer by Barb947 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Because honestly, with the dwindling numbers of people going to churches and people falling out of belief of a god or gods, I believe that this is the beginning of the end for the Christian and Christian type of religions and head the way towards no them longer being the majority religion and becoming veiwed as mythology instead.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 5:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Money is not the root to evil...the love of it is! It states in the Bible that in the end days..the truth will be right in front of people, but yet they will not see it. This is very true to what is going on today. In the end times...there will not be a day that goes by that we do not hear of a tragegy...so true of today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2008