how do you know if you're staying in a relationship for the right reasons?

My SO doesn't talk to me, doesn't take any real insterest in anything I do or say. I'm starting to wonder if we're both just staying together because of a child. When I ask questions like this my SO gets upset and says I read too much into things, but really we don't have much to do with one another.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• sit him down and tell him its really important, if he doesn't want to listen warn him about what could happen if things don't change, let him know that it hurts you when he doesn't take interest. you have to let him know you feelings.
    Tmehiar

Answer by Tmehiar at 1:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Take the aspect of having a child with your SO out of the equation and than ask yourself if you would still be with him in your current situation if it weren't for your child.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I am right there with you so I have no real advice. But feel free to message me if you want to talk. Maybe we can help each other figure this out....LOL.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 2:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I want to ask this: Do you love him or are you in love with him? I can say don't ever stay because of children, thats the worse thing to do. Would you be happy if he wasn't in your life, would you miss him if he left, would he miss you if you left. Are you happier when he is out of the house and away from you.. Would it break your heart if you 2 were split. Sometimes if a couple has children together, they can be really good friends and not be together, and it works great. No one can really tell you the right reasons, they have to come from you. One thing: Are you happy with your life?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• mine yelled I think too much then I read too much then I talk too much. Funny how it got silent after that one. Not sure about your's but mine has a lot to fix before he gets sex again.
    Anonymous