When can I start feeding my baby table foods?

What foods are good to start with besides mashed veggies and fruits?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started with finger and table foods at 6 months. I took food we were eating and mashed it up with a fork at first until they were good with that. Then I started just dicing it...big enough so they could pick it up, but small enough they weren't going to choke. Then bite size pieces.

We held off with tougher cuts of meat (steaks, roasts, etc) but chicken, turkey, pork..cut up small and they went to town on it.

They were completely on table foods at 9 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Start with things that they can pick up on their own. they like to explore their food and be interested in it. Like dry cereals, fruits, even crackers.
    Food wise, i would give him spaghetti is a good on. anything that graduates made in those bowl things he ate. and was really good and enjoyed eating it.
    I started me son at an early age on foods. He never got one tooth until he was 14 months old but he gummed everything.

i waited on the meats and stuff until he was able to chew those tougher foods up. Star
    nicoleladams19

Answer by nicoleladams19 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009