any suggestions about how to introduce food to my 2 babies

How can I introduce food to my babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im assuming they are atleast 5months old? If they are then just buy some rice cearel at first and mix it with breastmilk or formula which ever you use you can even use water. the first feeding or so should be kind of runny but not to runny. one food at a time for 3 days in a row to make sure there isnt a allergic reaction. Once you have done cearel start with veggies not fruit. id try your orange veggies first something like carrots, squash that kind of thing.
    Anonymous

• "Food, meet Baby."
    "Baby, please let me introduce Food."

"Ok, you two talk, get to know each other - I'll be over getting more ice."

HA! Sorry, couldn't resist. If your baby is expressing interest in food, start slowly with soft, easy food. Have you spoken to your pediatrician? Are there any allergies in your family? Bananas and avocados worked for me!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I just sat my baby down one day, put a little bit of baby cereal mixed with formula on a spoon and stuck it in his mouth. He made all types of faces and spit it out a few times but after a few days he took to it really well. Now he eats anything (baby food..) and I don't think he even notices that they all taste different. I'd start with baby rice cereal mixed with formula or breastmilk and make it really runny. It takes a few tries! If after a couple days he/she still isn't taking to it than they're probably not ready for it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• just follow the directions on the rice cereal box on how to mix it.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 2:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Babies who are ready for solids can usually feed themselves. Mothers often report that they knew their babies were ready when they picked up food from a plate, chewed it, swallowed it, and wanted more.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2009