Who would you save? Your husband, or your child?

I'm just curious. I read these comments about stepmoms who dont like the birthkids, the stepmom is jealous of the birth kids, and what have you. I just wanna know where are women's minds these days. If you were at the beach, and tragic happens, you have your husbands arm, and you have your childs arm. Who do you save? Who do you let go? And why?

slymnsexsi30

Asked by slymnsexsi30 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Children - no question. My DH would do the same.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• this is going to sound like i dont love my husband but thats not the case i would do anything for my husband hes my world but in that kind of situation and if i had no choice what so ever i would save my children i dont know that i have a good reason other then they are just children and would have there whole life to spend growing up and learning.
    In all reality thats a question most cant answer i think. Your gonna wana save both your husband and your kids.
    Anonymous

• Why - whoops.

My children are my heart and I would easily give my life for them - fight a tiger, no problem. My DH is my rock and as such I know he has the strength to save himself and us.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my kids all of them 2 bio and 2 sd's. i might have to be superwomen lol. my dh knows i love him. and i would want the same.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I would save my children. I would expect him to do the same if given that choice. I would save my kids because its my job to protect them. They are defenseless and woulnt know how to react.
    Anonymous

• My child. I think my husband would do the same. After all my child still has a piece of my husband in her, and her whole life ahead of her.

Not that I wouldn't TRY to save both but hey, it's one of those hypothetical questions right lol :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Oh my goodness, my child of course. My husband would kill me if i saved him!
    Anonymous

• My children would always be first no matter what and then if time was on my side, then my husband. he feels the same way as I do. even tho my children are 19 &23 they would probably be saving Mama,lol
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My children. They are the apples of my eyes.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 2:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• children, the chances of an adult figuring it all out and coming out on their own are higher than a child's I would imagine

Answer by admckenzie at 2:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009