husbands...

I am 6 months preg. with our 2nd child. my 1st child is only a year *in Feb* and my husband doesnt help whatsoever! He thinks that everything I say hurts or is bothering me he says im exageratting and that Im using being preg. as an excuse. I get up everynight with the baby while he sleeps and then i clean and take care of her the next day while he sits on the computer looking on craigslist. But I am the lazy one I and the one not doing anything. and then he makes a big deal about me wanting to take a nap. UGH what should i do? anyone else having this problem

heatherface216

Asked by heatherface216 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Truly do what he says your doing .Don't clean or take care of the 1 yo. Just get dressed one day when he is home and leave the baby with him. Stay goen all day.

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Do what Louise2 suggests and in addition attach a 35 lb weight around his belly and see what he thinks!!!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 2:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Tell him off. Husbands are babies sometimes. Just because they go out and work. Bullshit, being a SAHM is alot too. You need help now and trust me when the baby comes, you'll be tired and he should help you more then.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 2:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• obviously there are others. This question has been repeated about a zillion times lately. Does anyone discuss this stuff with men before they marry them? Maybe a nice chat about what marriage means and what is expected from each other BEFORE they get married, saddled with kids and he doesn't pay attention to you and you whine about oh woe is me. Craigslist? He's looking for someone else. What more does he need to say? Why would you marry such a clod?
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a man to me.
    All you can do is talk to him, explain how you feel and if he doesnt believe you then perhaps leave early one day he isnt at work. Leave a note and dont come back home for 6 or so hours. See how he does. Leave him a list of "must do's" while you are at it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Tell him you need help!!! you should take turns getting up at night.( you may want to try the cry it method with your 1 year old if not soon you will be getting up for two children which means less sleep)..... when your husband is on the computer remind him children are both parnets responsibility.
    Arickarg

Answer by Arickarg at 3:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Are you talkin about the same man here? My man is exactly same way. He tells me I am lazy when, infact, I cook, I clean, I take care of our infant, and yes I have a freaking FULL TIME JOB. Honey, I let my knows that he is the lazy one and stop being selfish and self-centered if hes going to have me around for a long time. I told him and he is getting just a little better not much. He cleans but not much. Cook a little but mostly carry outs.
    Sorry, honey, i know how you feel. It is hard being pregnant left alone having another child to care for.
    Anonymous

• hmm i think that 1st Anonymous answer was a bit harsh dont ya think?
    heatherface216

Answer by heatherface216 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009