Did you have an Epi/spinal with a c-section?

Which one would you prefer? I've heard that spinals are actually better. I am so terrified about my sceduled c-section, they will probably do a spinal, just looking for opinions.

katimae

Asked by katimae at 2:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced due to swelling and had to end up getting a c section. so i already had the epidural. Mine went very smoothly. I was scared to get one as well.
    Countrymomma110

Answer by Countrymomma110 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had an epi with my first and spinals with my last two.

I got sick after the epi and my last spinal. Why I dont know just my tummy was upset.
    The plus, for me, with the epi was it wore off quicker. But that was the only difference I noticed between the two. So I dont really have a preference as they worked the same LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i have had both. both go about the same way & didn't feel any diferent receiving them.
    CuteCourtney

Answer by CuteCourtney at 4:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had both with my first child. he was an emergency C-section. we started with the epi and seriously it didn't work! but by the time they decide they had to get him out because of his heart rate they gave me a spinal and I didn't feel anything after that!! i am scheduled for another c section march 17th. a little nervous about the spinal but It isn't that bad!! You are more focused on staying still then anything!! Good luck! You will do fine!!
    Anonymous