someone please tell me why my dog peed on my bed

So I was lying in bed last night and out of the blue my dog jumps up on it and pees!! What is up with that? I was livid the velvet comforter that I had on it was $300 by Daisy Fuentes.

determind

Asked by determind at 2:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pets

• Maybe a bladder infection? Maybe jealousy? Was he/she mad about anything?
    Anonymous

• New baby? new man in the house? Any other changes to her enviroment including food? Have a vet check her for a urinary tract infection.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• many things, was the comforter new and the dog not allowed to get on it but you were on it?-angry dog. could be a bladder infection. also the first statement might be jealousy.
    GMOTM

Answer by GMOTM at 2:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• She must have wanted out. Does she go outside to do her thing? I had a dog that did that, and she was asking for awhile ( not to me) to go out so when she wasn't let out she went to our room to do her thing! Then I knew she was must have been in terriable pain trying to hold it. Thought the same thing about uti problem and had that cked, she was fine. Nothing new in anyones routine. I think she may have just needed to go! Hope it doesn't happen again. Good luck
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 3:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• ugh!! my dog used to do that too!! she picked my husband as her person and she'd only pee on my side of the bed..i think it was a jealousy thing..but she's learned that if she doesnt pee on my bed, she can get up on it..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Do you think it's a way of marking territorry? Puzzling?
    Anonymous

• I have had dogs do this. One dog did it when she was sick. The other would do it if she was mad at me. My husband had a dog before we met that pooped on his pillow right beside his head while he was sleeping! LMAO!
    MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 12:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• She is showing you she is the Alpha bitch!! And yes she was marking her territory!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Is the dog fixed? He may be marking is territory.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 9:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• When I got my puppy and she slept in the bed with my for a couple days she keep peeing in the bed. So what I did to prevent that was kick her out of the bed, until she figured out how to get up by herself and she didn't pee in he bed after that. But i no longer have her due to my newborn son finally coming home 3 months later on oxygen.
    1989_mommy

Answer by 1989_mommy at 7:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009