What you think?

Gov. David Paterson appointed Democratic U.S. Rep. Kiersten Gillibrand on Friday to fill New-York's vacant Senate seat.

I personally like her,her ideas. She is smart ,educated ,mother of 2 little ones.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Much better choice than Caroline Kennedy. This woman actually has the political experience to fill the job, and isn't banking on her family name. She's someone who's worked hard for her achievements and now she's being rewarded accordingly.

I'm amazed though at how quickly the media around here has turned on Kennedy and is criticizing her for the way she handled herself, interviews, and reporters. I'm rather disappointed in Kennedy for trying to play this off on her concerns for Ted's health, instead of being honest that it was problems with her taxes and a former employee.
    Anonymous

• So glad it was not a Kennedy. We don't need that corrupt family in our government anymore.
    Anonymous

• She has 2 little kids??! How in the world is she going to manage children and a job? She should stay home and be a good mother. Taking care of the kids should be her FIRST priority. I guess she'll just turn them over to a nanny.

Anonymous

*********************
    maybe she is married and her spouse will be the homemaker? ain't nothing wrong with that! if DH and i could have it our way we would totally switch our roles! i can't stand staying at home all day and he hates leaving the house! we would both feel so much more fulfilled, can't wait to finish college and jumpstart my career!
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 4:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• 1. Corrupt family? Oh, I guess you are talking about Ted her uncle rather than her father, the good man that he was.

2. Dude, the kid comment??? Seriously??? The 1950's just called, they are looking for you.

3. I am glad it wasn't kennedy, she didn't have the experience. I am excited about his choice and her focus on education.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Wait! Anon is talking about Sarah Palin! I mean, that is what the dems said about her, right?
    Anonymous

• I am a dem and I never said that about her.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• She is a working mother. That does not means she is not a good mother. Question wasn't about what kind of mother she is but what she can do for New-York. I personally was listening her today at the gym ,she is smart ,wants to do good things. And in the very short period what she was serving N-Y state in House of Rep. she did some good things.
    We can not compare her and Palin.
    Anonymous

• Many people in her district consider her a dem in republican's clothing, since she's from an area where you just won't get elected without an R after your name. Interesting to see what she turns into when she's in the majors.
    Anonymous