Antilop High Chair from IKEA?

I'm looking for a high chair but they are all so pricey. Has anyone used the atilop high chair from Ikea's website? It's only $19.99 and then $5.00 for the tray.

julipickle

Asked by julipickle at 2:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i just looked it up... i think it's probably like most things from ikea...
    is it gonna last forever? eh, prolly not
    are you gonna have to put it together? oh yeah
    is it cheap and cute? yep!
    you may want to look into the covertible booster seats... you can usually find one for about $30-40 and they transistion with your baby as they grow (reclines if they aren't sitting well... then transitions to a booster seat as they get older)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I just bought mine at Wal mart for $55 but it's a couple bucks cheaper online. It's the one that just attaches to a regular chair and then converts to a booster seat when the child gets older. Wal Mart's website also has some inexpensive plain high chairs. I just wanted one that was a little more sturdy and one he could grow with.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• That's the same one they use in their own resturants. It's not bad and seems pretty sturdy. But I'd suggest looking into one of the booster seat style ones too. You need a high chair for such a limited time (one year, tops) and a booster seat for just another year or so. Getting both in one helped save money and space. I got the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster seat and loved it.

It strapped right onto a kitchen chair so it didn't take up any extra room. When my daughter was a tiny baby, it worked great. The seat belt held her in nicely and the tray was big enough for eating or messy play. As she grew into a toddler, we took off the tray and just scooted her up to the table. She loved that!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009