Vet Tech-Need advice?

I have been a Vet/Surgery Tech for several years. If you'd like any advice I'd love to help. Send me a message, it's the quickest way to get a response.

luvinher

Asked by luvinher at 2:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pets

• how about a skiddish german shepherd that the vet wont even deal with...she doesnt even bite but we do think she was abused before we got her..she is afraid of brooms and she doesnt like being touched.from what i learned from the dog whisperer she was taken away from her mother to early....she is very big and very partial to who she likes.but she is also skiddish.she doesnt like kids but likes my daughter.likes men some///any ideas...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• ahhh!! my 6 month old dog is fat and 70lbs!!! ...oh wait..thats not a problem..shes just growing..lol.. people have been looking for you and noticed you havent been around!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• To snowmom974 I'm not sure what the question is. Anyway if your vet won't "deal" with her, get a better vet. My last vet hosp. there wasn't ANY animal too vicious or skiddish. We use to see some police dogs and they weren't the kind you could ever pet. I don't think your dog was taken away too early I agree that she was abused. I'd get her into some training classes and it will help socialize her. Cause if you cont. to keep her away from other people/animals cause she's scared it will only reinforce her behavior. You can get some one on one classes too. They're not too expensive. Good luck.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 12:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Wow that is Very Kind & Nice of you!! So many times I need Advice!! If you read this I'd Love your Reply /Guess!! This is Beyond Sad! But my Munchkin Cat, Angelica Died in Kittenbirth! She was just 3! She Was Healthy & Excited over it! I laid at her side & never left her! It was her Second Litter. She was Fine & None of her pants/Labor was Very long! No more than 5 Seconds.... Anyway She just up & died & Dropped!! I was in shock! What could I have Done?? She Was A Young Vital Healthy Girl!! I'm still in shock over this & it happened on 4/19/06!! She Gave me Signs After her pasing but I'm Still Heartsick & wonder what I could have Done! She only got PG.* on our Deck at home! Bot by any of my Cats! Any Clues? My Fault? Grieiving & Blamming..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• To Angellinda Sorry about your kitty. The reason for her death...endless possibilities. There could have been something internal going on and she wasn't showing any outward signs. ITS NOT YOUR FAULT!!! Sometimes no matter what we do nature has to take it's course. At least you have her offspring to remember her by. Stop blaming yourself. You didn't see anything wrong and my guess is that your not psychic. Even if you were a vet she prob. would have still died. Let go and be happy that she touched your life while she was here.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 1:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• One of my cats has a fascination with eating anything plastic. She tries to eat plastic bags, pieces of plastic wrapping that comes off like Dvd's and such, she even tried eating curling ribbon. Is this normal? I mean I've seen cats eat ribbons and such but is there something I need to be concerned about or just keep the plastics picked up lol?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• BTW she's been doing this for at least a year and a half now so its not anything new.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• To AprilDJC Yes it's normal and yes you should be concerned. Cats love shiny things. Some things they will eat are: ribbon, tinsel, yarn, foil, string, coins, and sewing needles. I have seen a x-ray of a cat that swallowed a sewing needle. She had to get surgery. If your cat is into that sort of thing keep all that stuff put up, it may save her life.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 8:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Thanks so much. Yeah it worried me when she tried to eat the curling ribbon my daughter was playing with. I could just see her swallowing the ribbon and having to try to get it out, yuck. I was just concerned it may be something medically wrong with her. But if its nothing that needs to be seen for, that's great we will just make sure to keep dangerous things put away.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2009