When it comes to food processors, what is the best brand?

I want something that is durable, on the larger side, and will withstand years of use =) I have a family of 5 who love veggies, so it get a lot of use. Thanks!

WvPhotobug

Asked by WvPhotobug at 2:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Shopping

• I've had an 11 cup KitchenAid that I received as a gift for my first marriage. I still have the food processor, but I've upgraded the husband. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have a Cuisinart that just won't die. It is 15 years old this spring. Mine gets used 2-3 times a week average.  Go to consumer rports website and see what they have found on the newest models.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have my mom's CuisinArt. It's over 30 years old and it's still going strong. Very powerful motor and it's heavy, but it's fantastic! Veggies, meats, sauces, breadcrumbs, pie crusts....everything!
    Reener

Answer by Reener at 3:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have a 9 cup Kitchen Aid that is really nice
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 5:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I say kitchen aid they are really heavy duty good ones. I had a cuisin art that i had to replace cause it broke within the first few uses and the second cuisin art did to so I went with a good kitchen aid one and its awesome from chopping to shredding everything.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 7:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2009