Toddler grinding teeth

AHH my son has got this horrible habit lately of grinding his teeth, it honestly HURTS me to hear him do it... you know how bad it sounds! It's driving me crazy!! If I try to get him to stop he just does it more, I give him teething toys, cookies, and a lot of other stuff to try and distract him but he wont stop!! Is he going to break his teeth? what can I do?

willswifey

Asked by willswifey at 2:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine do it in their sleep and the dentists told me its normal
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• mine did it because he knew it bugged me lol. so i irnored him and he stoped when he saw i didnt cringe. now he makes grunting noises you think he was pooping after a few hours i realized he wasent trying to and he was ok. again i ignored the noise and so far no noise and no new noise..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I dunno. Mine does it too.... should I take him to the dentist? I hate the noise... My husband does it in his sleep too. It freaks me out. When they both do it.
    dre_bunny

Answer by dre_bunny at 3:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Mine did it for a while and his ped said it was normal and should go away if I showed no reaction. It lasted less then a month after I began ignoring it
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 5:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• ahh it's so hard to ignore! But I guess I'll just try that... thanks guys
    willswifey

Answer by willswifey at 7:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009