Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Ok before you read this is going to be a little too much informations! Might gross you out! I was going to do this anonymously but then I would be a hypercrite! Ok so I have Hemorrhoids BAD!!! I mean really bad! I didnt have them during pregnancy or anything just after I had my son! Well Hes almost 11 weeks and yet I still have them... BAD!!! I mean I CRY ON THE TOLIET! Its that bad. I used stool softeners and Preparation H, but I'm still having a big problem? Should i make a doctors appointment or something? Or does anyone have or had this problem? Or am I the only one! I'm really worried about it and I cant keep doing this! Its so painful! Im so embarrassed. I cant believe Im asking this! Please dont be rude or anything. Thank you


Asked by kiansmom0423 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Health

Level 37 (90,808 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • You should really go to the doctor if it hurts that bad. Not to worry you, but they can sometimes get infected or get blood trapped in them. If that's the case you may be referred to a specialist who can take care of it in no time! Don't delay talking to your doctor this is something they deal with all the time, and believe me it's not the ickiest thing they deal with!

    Answer by mommawhite08 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • I had them a few years back and I thought I would die. I went to the doctors and they gave me some suppositories. They were like miracle workers. Nothing else worked. They went away and I haven't had a problem since. I would definitely go to the doctors.

    Answer by Katieven at 11:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • I dont know honey- Id say go to the doc. I cant imagine that- it must be horrible!!! Congrats on your 11 wk old baby!!!

    Answer by cmlowery at 11:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • Don't be embaressed to go to the doctor. You are not alone, trust me. Make an appointment and just go. No big deal, I promise! :o)

    Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • Yes, I am 54 now but have had them for years sence my first child was born.  I have learned to watch my diet making sure to eat from all the right food groups and drink lots and lots of water.  It realy does help...  Good luck...

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • please dont get offended but what is dat? i have 18 months old baby and every 1ce in a while i get this itchy, irritation, burning ......down there.... and well idk really noe wat it might be. please tell me mor about it. thanks. : )

    Answer by mommy_marisol at 1:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • I had the same problem! I was scared of pooping! Mine randomly cleared up one day, but if yours are still really bad after 11 weeks, you might want to have it checked out. Sometimes really bad ones require antibiotics or even minor surgery. You could also have an anal fissure, which is like a really deep crack in the skin near the opening of the anus... not to scare you, but it's pretty common after delivering a baby. Good luck... feel better soon!!

    Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • You poor thing. Hemmoroids are no fun at all. Use some wipes with witch hazel in them, and maybe some supositories could relieve some of that pain. I would call the doctor, and maybe get in and see if their is something that can be done. You dont want to sit there in pain... I hope you feel better soon.

    Answer by taracv at 3:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • prep H makes a great over the counter suppository! i always have to use the magic combination of suppository, stool softeners, hydrocortisone cream and tucks pad. sounds like a lot i know, but works. i used stool softeners twice a day. suppository at night before bed. and everytime i would go to the bathroom, i would wipe with a tucks pad with hydrocortisone on it. the hc cream is the best at feeling immediate relief, but can be short lasting. if all else fails they can be removed surgically, but doctors don't seem to like to do that. also you may want to look into diet changes as well. increase your water intake and decrease foods that are constipating.

    Answer by anna17 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2008