What helps best for baby excema?

I have a 14 month who has excema and it is very itchy she is always scratching to the point of bleeding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• talk to your dr for a creme but i found that eurcine i think thats how you spell it worked well for my son. or try Aquafor its like vasaline but it works so much better for dry skin. good luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had to start giving my daughter showers. Baths made them worse. And I put on two lotions on her twice a day Aveno a True Blue spa shea butter lol its for feet but its the only thing that has worked.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I just went to our pediatrician about this!!

My son is 8 mo old and he has had eczema since he was around 6-8 weeks. We use the Aveeno Soothing Relief for bath time, and the same lotion for afterwards. I also use Cortizone for his really bad patches, like in the creases under his knees or in his elbows.

But now he has it on his scalp, which I thought was cradle cap, but our ped said it was eczema. DS would scratch at it constantly, to the point of making it bleed. So our ped gave us a Rx for Hydrocortisone 2.5%. We just filled it yesterday and it seems to be working well, except it makes his hair really greasy :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My siste rhad ezema bad and the only thing that worked is Nizarol. See if they have this for skin. The cream is great. Make sure your child never has dry skin. Especially after baths. You can use something simple as Vasaline...As long as their skin is not dry. Dont use anything with alcohol
    MizzThom

Answer by MizzThom at 3:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• A couple of my siblings have eczema. If you run them a bath with epsom salt in it, that will help. We went to the beach one year when my little sister was real young and had it bad. The salt water cleared it up which surprised us all.

Eucerin is what we used for lotion for her and my other siblings. She had it the worst though.
    ACsLady

Answer by ACsLady at 3:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We use Baby Aveeno lotion every night after bathtime and then use Eucerin cream on the really itchy spots, as needed.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Dr gave a prescription for Hylira, a very mild steroid for dd. Short baths, and the Aveeno products work great on dd.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Poor baby.
    Don't use dryer sheets.
    After bathing (don't bathe often) when skin is still moist, apply moisturizer. Every time she washes her hands, apply moisturizer.
    Wash with foam soap as it is easier to clean off.

I have a bottle of moisturizing foam hand soap next to a bottle of curel lotion in the bathroom and we use both every time we wash.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have the same problem with both of my kids! I use Aveeno Soothing relief moisture cream twice a day. It really helped make his skin and reduced the scratching. And I tried to keep long sleeves on and pants until his skin wasn't so dry so he couldn't scratch it so "good."
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Aquaphor is great! My son has had excema since he was 2 months old. Good luck!
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2009