update on soy again

okay so i went to get the script for soy milk from the doc and took it to wic. they will not honor it. they want me to put her back on formula. i said she is a year and a half old i am not putting her back on formula i found something that is working for her that is what i am going to continue with. i called main wic office in harrisburg. they said the government doesn't fund for soy milk. oh well bite my ass. any suggestions now?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• (so people complain about 1000 word limits and now they've lowered it! )

Then...when he was 2, they told me I HAD to switch him to 1% milk and that was the only kind of milk they were going to give him because this organization and that organization said that if he didn't switch to 1% I was setting him up for heart attacks and hardening of the arteries. Um..yeah. Funny...his DOCTOR (again the one with the medical degree) wanted him to stay on 2%.

They then told me that if I refused to put him on 1% he would be dropped from the program. Yeah...real concerned about health and nutrition for the kids....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• is she allergic to milk? I dont undertand why you would want her on soy other wise? I dont suggest going back to formula at her age so i guess if she has to be on soy then your going to have to buy it for her. As far as i know wic has never supplied soy milk except formula when the dr says its gotta be that way. even then they through a fit mainly cuz soy isnt as healthy as everyone thinks it is. But thats another topic.
    You could try rice milk?
    Anonymous

• she can't tolerate whole milk or lactose free so the doctor specifically put her on soy. and she is doing wonderfully with it. and wic won't provide it even with a docs perscription. and they don't provide rice either. i will buy it for her but wic is supposed to be all for health and nutrition and this is for the health of my daughter and they don't care. it just burns my ass thats all
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• WIC....they think they're the end all, know all, be all...(okay, clarify...SOME of them do...all with whom I've had dealings)

When my oldest was a baby, he was at the top of the charts...at 3 months old, they tried to tell me I had to stop feeding him so much because it was my fault he was OBESE. Yea...my 3 month old son was obese according to them! Funny...my pediatrician (you know, the guy with the MEDICAL DEGREE) was all for how he was growing and his height and weight were just fine when factored together.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• well i would like to beable to call someone else but i dont know where to go from here i think it is just bullshit. and regardless weather its my daughter or not they should provide what is best for any child. and if they think i am putting her back on formula they can stick it all up their ass.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Gov does not fund for soy milk. Your Doctor should have written an script for your child to discontinue formula. I personally do not like soy milk because it has been linked to cancer if it has been taken for long periods of time....RESEARCH IT. I preferr Rice or Goat milk. I did receive Wic but chosed not to use it becuase I dont agree with the cow or soy milk.
    MizzThom

Answer by MizzThom at 4:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009