Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you with allergies/watery eyes.....

How can I get my sons eyes from watering? He is 16 and laid out on the couch with a cold washrag over his eyes - I feel helpless. Is there eye drops I can buy or something I can be doing?? Helllllppp


Asked by TheShryocks at 3:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

Level 4 (53 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I take allergy meds orally that help some..but when my eyes are just out of control I use Visine AC. The allergist suggested it and said it is fine to use at the same time as oral meds. just follow the label. At 16 I would def get them,.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • My daughter had this for the past 3 days. Watery eyes and a fever. I waited to see if it still continued but I gave her allerygy medicine in the mean time. It can be something in your house he is allergic too . Take him to the DOC if it last more than 3 days to get an allergy test. She is doing fine now and went back to school

    Answer by MizzThom at 3:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • My eye doctor told me years ago to put a little baby shampoo on a q-tip wash around the rims of my eyes (at the bottoms of the eyelashes), that does help the itching (rinse thoroughly, naturally.) Take him to the doctor and take the doctor's advice, this would be best when dealing with eyes.

    Answer by Bmat at 3:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • I shoulda mentioned he went to the ER yesterday when he got hom from school... They did give him a Z pack - I will try the Visine you mentioned THANKS!

    Answer by TheShryocks at 3:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Relationships)
Same question, different situation.