I want to know a natural way to increase my milk supply, and where would be a good place to get it.

I need to pump as my daughter is in the hospital and my supply decreases every time I need to pump, I want to be able to leave her enough milk without having the nurses supplementing with formula when I an not there with her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Fenugreek...GNC sells it, it works WONDERS!! And it is cheap!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Completely agree... Fenugreek is awesome. I was nearly dry when I started on it. Within 2 week, I was giving full feeding straight from the breast, had accumulated 6 4oz bottles full in the fridge, & was starting freeze 'n store!

3 pills, 3 times/day

And pump, pump, pump --- as often as you possibly can.

G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You could also drink a beer, or that malt stuff Spanish people drink (it's usually in the Mexican food section at the grocery store) My mom used to drink a dark beer, when she breastfed. She said it increased her milk a lot. I asked my Dr. about it & he said one beer would be fine, & that i could even have 2 on occasion. I did not need it though, i had so much milk i had to throw some away. Couldn't fit it in my freezer. Do a lil research online, there's all kinds of remedies for that.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have been taking lactation assit. Its all natural and also mothers milk tea. from whole foods and it works.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I tried Fenugreek and it didn't do anything for me - but get as much protien as you possibly can...that did help me and was recommended by my pediatrician (who has breastfed 4 herself).

Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Oatmeal always did wonders for me. If u don't like it try the cookies. Homemade of course. And u can add brewers yeast to it to help. Health food store.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 5:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I agree with aeemom. Oatmeal really works!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 6:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009