is it wrong to stay with your partner justr for your kid?

lately it just seems like all me and my boyfriend do is fight and we rarely ever get along anymore but i know my daughter needs her dad but is it wrong to stay with him if i don't think theres a connection between us anymore but only be with him for her?

LiLMAMA421

Asked by LiLMAMA421 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes it is bad for you, bad for him & bad for your child.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• heck yeah... first speakin frm experience... a child growin up seein this... ur child may grow up resenting u or him... they feel ur pain even if u put on a different face 4 them.. it's very sad not only do u suffer but ur child suffers the worst of all.. children know more than we give them credit 4.. just think... have u ever been so upset that all u could do was cry, but u tried ur best 2 hold it all inside... how did ur child react?
    Anonymous

• Just by putting this question out there it seems like you already know the answer. Look down deep in your soul.
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 12:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• yea because ur child will eventually sense that mommy and daddy dont want to be together, make an agreement that u will try to remain friends as best as possible...... and try to live close together or in the same house just not be together!
    Ms.Beth1214

Answer by Ms.Beth1214 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Yes, it's good for a child to have their father around but not at the expence of causing your child to have emotional damages. I honestly grew up in a home where my parents had constintly fought and I was harmed by it. I felt like I didn't have anyone to talk to and really didn't understand what it meant to be with someone and to be treated well and/or give good treatment. It comes down to this... work out your issues or get out of the relationship and work out a custody situation. If you do decide the best thing to do is leave, then NEVER EVER talk down about your child's father infront of him/her. You don't want your child to feel as if they have to choose sides. It's important that your child develops his/her own feelings about his/her parents. I know its not the easiest thing to do. But in the end it will pay off.
    JJzMaMa87

Answer by JJzMaMa87 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Yep, it is definitely bad to stay in a relationship that is not going well. The child will and always does sense and pick up on the indifferences and emotional discontent that occurs between the parents. However, did you consider some relationship counseling? Sometimes, couples just get off the path and need to be 'restarted', or you've come to a fork in the road and need to develop new ways to communicate and relate to each other---especially if you are a young couple who has been "growing" up together. You sometimes get to that 'new place' and feel incompatible.

But, if the relationship is toxic the child will be done more harm if you stay. As parents we teach our young about relationships through their visuals of our own.
    MomsMuses03

Answer by MomsMuses03 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I agree with all the answers above.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• YESSSSS!
    JBoyd

Answer by JBoyd at 5:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Just because you have a child together doesnt mean you have to be with him. I would think it is bad not only is it gonna affect your daughter but also you and him emotionally. You all dont have to live together in order for him to be in her life.
    daniella86

Answer by daniella86 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2008