How did you find good home day care places and how soon should I start looking for one??

tmbaby1

Asked by tmbaby1 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well depends on how soon your going back to work... I would call or go by your local DHS office, they have a list of daycare that have been called in on and you can see what for.. You want your baby to have the best so pick one and go by there your self to, then you can see hands on...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I applied for child care subsidy and they gave me a list of child care homes and facilities in my area that accept subsidy so I'm going to use one of the ones from there if I'm eligible to recieve assistance. You can google your state child care laws and I'm sure you'll find a website that will have a list of centers in your area.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I started working full time in October and was given 10 days to find a day care. Our son was 4.5 months when we enrolled him.

I was on a waiting list at a local day care, but they didn't have an opening. So we went to Plan B, which was to find a place near DH's work. I found a few places online. I called them, got their rates, and asked if they had openings in his age group. We decided to look at three places.

The first place was a DUMP and I was totally freaked out that all day cares were like this. The second place was the complete opposite. It was so nice, the people were friendly and clean, there were windows in each room and a nice back yard with tons of play things for the kids. We didn't even look at the third place beause it was more expensive and we loved the second place.

MOST IMPORTANT: Check all the places out online through your state government website and make sure they are up to code.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I stay home with my kids but a friend of mine put an ad in the paper advertising herself as a nanny so that might be a good place to begin...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009