First period after delivering? How much bleeding is normal?I am 6 weeks post pregnancy and am bleeding ALOT. I wasnt really keeping track of how much but I must have went thru 9 or 10 pads at least today. How much bleeding is normal?I've also been running a fever and passing white tissuse along with my period not sure if thats normal or not, and bleeding from behind as well

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• call your doctor!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You should call your doctor IMMEDIATELY if you have a fever. I'm not sure how long would be too long for post partum hemhorraging, but a fever usually accompanies heavy heavy bleeding when that's the case. Call your doctor just to be safe!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It is normal...I bleed so much that I used towels...do you know how much need to come out of there?..you just delivered an human being...But you need to call a triage nurse because you may have an infection becasue you have a fever and what is this bleeding from behind...Call the Doctor to double check!!!
    MizzThom

Answer by MizzThom at 3:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You should not be going through more than 1 pad per hour. Also, if you have clots larger than a quarter it is not good. Call your OB/GYN and let them know what it going on.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Call the doctor now, or go to an urgent care clinic. It may be normal, and the behind bleeding may be hemorrhoids, but please get checked and then you won't have to worry.

Answer by Bmat at 3:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009