At the end of my rope... What should I do??

I have been running a fever for the past 3 and a half weeks.. (since jan 1st) I have also been passing white tissue. -with belly pain that comes and goes..I just gave birth on December 9th. I have been at various Er's and a few different doctors, none of which can find out exactly what is wrong. The only hospital that actually saw the tissues I am passing said that they were going to test it to see what it was, then ended up not testing it anyways.
Its not every time I pee but about every other time, or ever 2 or 3 times. I am also having visual changes. What if anything can I say to my obgyn to do an ultra sound of my uterus to see whats going on? something is terribly wrong and I am worried its going to be too late before they do anything..
fever runs anywhere from 99.1 to 100.7
- I did have a uti but that has since cleared up , was told that its been gone over a week-
I am SO sick of being sick..
I'm not sure what t

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• you have some of the same sypmtoms a friend of mine had after she had her daughter. they ended up figuring out that she had a uterun infection from not getting the placenta all the way out and she had large blood clots just after birth. For whatever reason her placenta detached but not completly and they didnt know it for several weeks later when she started having a fever and lots of cramping in her belly. Id just kindly ask your ob to do a ultrasound tell him that somethng is most certainly wrong and you know somethings not right. good luck
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Something may have been left up there and it is still coming out. You should not got to the ER, go to your OB GYN. Tell them to just do the Ultrasound. Dont ask....Demand it. Or go to another DOC...Running a fever is a sign of infection , espcially if it has been for this long...
    MizzThom

Answer by MizzThom at 3:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• hmm, this sound terrible. Are you bleeding . I knew a girl who they did not get all of her placenta out, and she kept bleeding and bleeding. That could be what is wrong. Try to get back in with your Ob and tell them that you want to be checked for that. The part that worries me is that you have a fever. If your ob tries to blow your concerns off or says that is not it without checking. Find another. I would say go to the ER, but my experiences with ER;s is never good. They seem like the dumb dumbs of doctors. Good Luck with this and since it is the weekend, if you have to, go to the Er, and just demand that they run tests and do an ultrasound.Tell them what you think it is and that you would feel much better if they would just check it out.
    Anonymous

• Do not go to the ER. Its the worst thing you could do to find a solution to your problem at this point. Go back to your OB. And start keeping a log of your temps 3 times a day, and when you are passing.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 11:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2009