Is this dumb?

i know this sounds dumb but im 7 weeks and been having cramping for the last couple of days and now been having on and off shooting pain/pressure in my vagina area. the advice nurse said i could make an appt so i di and now im scared my doc is going to think im stupid for coming in for this. im having no bleeding thank God but do you think this is a ridiculous reason to go in?? i just want to make sure everything is ok since i have had a past miscarriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The dr. isn't going to think you're dumb. That is what he is there for.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• its not stupid never think your stupid for seeing your dr. Im one of those annoying pregnant women who call her dr all the time to ask questions lol. Its probably nothing but stretching ligamints but i dont blame you for wanting to know for sure nothing is wrong.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Who cares if they think it is dumb. With a past miscarriage it will probably make you feel better. Do what makes you feel comfortable and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 3:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No, this is not dumb. At all. Your Doctor works for you. You pay them to take care of you and ease your mind.

Cramping in the 7th week is normal. Your ligaments and uterus are starting to stretch. If this is your first baby, there are a lot of scary pains all throughout and let me tell you, it doesn't get any less scary. I'm working on my third and still look up my cramping. There are several good baby sites like whattoexpect.com and books that can ease your mind.
    Don't ever feel badly about calling your doctor unless it's two am and it's really not that important. (like you aren't sure if you should take a tylenol or not.)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have had a misscariage once before too, so i totally get how worried you are. I have had those exact same things as you and i am almost 12 weeks now. my doc. said every single pregnant woman he has ever dealt with who has had a m/c has cramps. i wouldnt worry but seeing the doctor really does ease your mind. plus you might get to have an early ultrasound like i did. i got to see the little heatrbeat at 5 weeks and 5 days. that was so reassuring! dont worry, you will be fine! : )
    JulieNKyle

Answer by JulieNKyle at 4:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• its not dumb at all to make sure everything is okay, but it sounds pretty normal to me.

but to ease your mind and ENSURE everything is okay. thast good its being a good parent :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• it's not ridiculus to go see your dr he wont thank your dumb thats what hes thier for and you might just be cramping witch is normal i was cramping when i was pregnate with my daughter and the dr said i was fine the time to worry about it is when your bleeding to much
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009