Would you be mad at your child or stepchild if you found out they were smoking weed?

When i was 12 years old, my jr high school called my house saying that i wasn't going to class. Immediately, my father ASSUMED that i was ditching school and smoking weed. At the time, i was smoking weed. i couldn't help it at the time, both my mother and father smoke weed, and still smoke weed to this day. I don't know how i would react if my justin decides to smoke weed. my parents didn't get mad at me, should I?

slymnsexsi30

Asked by slymnsexsi30 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• at 9-12 yes!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yep Id be pissed. What we do when were young we do because most of the time were young and stupid that doesnt mean we condone it when our kids do it because they are young and stupid. I found out my son was doing drugs and I turned in his dealer and I told him if I ever found out it was in my house id call the cops and turn him in too. My dd was buying prescription drugs at school and I found a note she left out saying that and who she got them from. I took the note to her hs and they called the cops and arrested the kids who were selling them. My kids know I am not going to play when it comes to drugs. Their dad was a drug addict and I left him for it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yes, you should.

Even if you're not setting a good example for your child, your expectations should be high. I am fat, I do not want my daughter to be fat - therefore I am raising her to be active and eat well. My expectations for her are very high but realistic. I do not want her to be like me, I want her to be BETTER.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• sorry i didnt read the question, but if they ditched school to smoke weed i would be very mad. my husbands dad used to smoke weed with him and his brother when he was like 16, i dont think i would be able to do that because i'd be afraid of him doing it without his father, but IF he has to do it i would rather he smoke with his father
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I would be mad if I found out my son tried it, but if he was doing it on a regular basis I'd be pissed. I tried it, didn't like it and admitted it to my mom who didn't get too upset since I told her about it. So I can understand kids experimenting but I don't want them using drugs on a regular basis. Of course it's a different scenario for kids if their parents are smoking too. IMO if you smoke and do drugs, you can't really get mad at your kids for doing it too. I know its do as I say not as I do but thats just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• Heck ya I'd be ticked off! You don't know what these people are lacing weed with--and it's ILLEGAL. I'd be mad if they were smoking regular cigarettes!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Pissed is probably a nice way of saying what I would be. My husband would be......a good word doesn't come to mind when trying to describe how angry he would be.

I agree with ReneeK3...it's illegal, foget anything else about it...it against the law.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You have no excuse to get mad. You have shown your child that it is perfectly acceptable to smoke weed by smoking it yourself. If your child smokes weed, you have no right to be upset it any way, because that's the example you are setting for them.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 7:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My mistake! I thought the question said "And *I* still smoke weed to this day"
    I should've read a little more carefully, sorry about that.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 7:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yes i would be mad because i wouldnt want my kids to be smoking or doing drugs its not healthy and it will make your lung go bad you can also get cancer from it my husband did drugs befor i got with him but he quit when we got togeather and when he smoked and did drugs he got really skinny
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2009