hair help

ok so I have really weird hair, its naturally curly but ive never been able to control it and its too puffy and thick to wear curly, it looks awful on me and I have a small head and face..I was not meant to have curly hair, so I straighten it everyday and I know that makes it even dryer then it already is, but I have weird hair cause its super dry and breaking off BUT it gets oily really fast, and my hairdresser told me I shouldnt wash my hair everyday, but every other day to every 2 days, but the most I can wait is every other cause it just gets soo oily and even the second day it starts to look dirty I hate it! and if I use products it makes it even worse...

Italiancouture7

Asked by Italiancouture7 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• ...I really need a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, I was using garnier fructise but my hairdresser said that stuff actually makes your hair dryer and that I should use professional products so I got design line by regis moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and I have actually noticed my hair is even dryer then before and I can barely get a comb through it when its wet..it was never this bad before and I know flat ironing it doesnt help, so Ive been trying to just wash my hair and throw it in a bun instead of drying it and straightening it but when I do straighten it (I know it gets worse in the winter) it gets soo sticky and I know thats partially cause its so dry and I flat Iron it..so what can I do ?? what is the best shampoo and conditioner for hair like mine??
    Italiancouture7

Answer by Italiancouture7 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my daughter is a hair dresser and sounds like she has hair like yours...this is what she does.before she goes to bed she washes her hair puts in a leave in conditioner and goes to bed with it wet.she doesnt wrap it or anything and even at the salon they dont use flat irons.she does complete blow outs.i dont like her hair straight.and she uses bumble and bumble...her big thing is mousterize(sp)as much as possible.from one italian to another...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Do you have a pic on your profile? I'm gonna go see and come back
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Ok the profile's private but the pic of you holding your baby was cute! Is your hubby a pilot? Mine was and lost his job in Oct. 08 and is now taking a job as an aviation mechanic.

Don't put your hair in a rubber band while wet, because as it dries, it expands and breaks...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• ever tried one of those dry shampoos and conditioners. where you dont need water, I think they are used so you can have fresh looking hair and not wash it with water every single day which is awful for your hair and scalp.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• "ever tried one of those dry shampoos and conditioners. where you dont need water, I think they are used so you can have fresh looking hair and not wash it with water every single day which is awful for your hair and scalp. "

Ugg don't do this. I have hair just like the OP's and I tried those "dry shampoos" like the person in this quote was suggesting. Maybe it was the brand I used -- who knows -- but all it did was dry my hair out even more.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Psst spray. It saves a lot of time and you get tired of washing and blowdrying your hair.A total waste of time. .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I Have very curly hair an did straighten it at mid length an only with the frizzit(yellow can) now its way to long an a horrible mess to even try. The conditioner I swear by is Pantene Beautiful Lengths it a GREAT Moisturizer an directs the movement of moisture. I dont have a oily prob.all frizz without management! GoodLuck
    ssspw-world

Answer by ssspw-world at 5:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Oh Yeah since i wear it curly now i put it in a bun up high over night an that keeps my curls straighter an long instead of major poofffyy!!
    ssspw-world

Answer by ssspw-world at 5:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I have hair like that! I hate it most of the time. I use TIGI it is a little pricey but it works great. Once a month I put the conditioner in my hair dry and leave it for an hour or so then wash it out it helps keep it from being so dry, Also I take a little pink oil moisturiser the light one and put a tough of that in the ends when they are getting a little dry. My baby has the dry spot in the back of her hair too and i use that in her hair also and it works great.
    MichaelMommy

Answer by MichaelMommy at 9:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2009