Why did they limit how many words we can type?

Last night I noticed this. It was like 947 words now when it use to be 1000?
Umm to me that's crazy seeing how everyone wanted them to change the 1000 limit to a HIGHER number...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Someone brought this up earlier in the week, and they said they would look into it. I would suggest making a contact us report since it isn't a change they made and it doesn't seem to be happening to everyone.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• The reason for the limit in general is bandwidth protection. If not you get some idiots who download huge volumes of books, manifestos, diatribes. So they set a word limit to prevent that. There is always the few few that spoil it for the many.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It would be helpful for the Answers section if there would be a countdown feature that let us know how many characters or words. Every time I have to load a page it takes about a minute, and when I get the too many word message, I cut down the number and often still get the too many words, then I keep cutting back and keep cutting back, and by this time it has become a very time-consuming effort.

Answer by Bmat at 5:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/charcount.shtml

Until they get a counter you can check how many characters you have at this link

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2009