how good are plain oats for your body?

what are benefits of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• do you mean like Oatmeal?
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• they are good for lowering cholestrole and supposbly are good for your heart to which kind of makes since if its good for lowering cholestrole. im sure there are other reasons but i dont know of any.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It is low in saturated fat and cholesterol. It is high in fiber. And it is great when you are trying to increase breast milk.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It's good for you because of the fiber, it's low in fat, 0% cholesterol, sodium free, and it's a low glycemic food in that it doesn't spike your insulin like most cereals, breads and other breakfast foods.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It helps you go to the bathroom ;-). I have been taking extra Iron, so I try to throw in an oatmeal or oats breakfast a few times a week. My son loves oatmeal, but of course I have to add sugar and butter.
    mom2518

Answer by mom2518 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Steel cut oats are the ones you want to buy, not quick oats. But to answer your question that have a ton of health benefits.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 11:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009