Best birth control?

I just had my 2nd baby and I have never used birth control. My hubby and I want to wait to have anymore kids. So what is the best birth control you have used? I do not want to take anything that will make me gain weight. Suggestions?

kristinashley24

Asked by kristinashley24 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• abstinence :p hehe jk, maybe the copper IUD, it has no hormones
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• any of it can make you gain weight . Its all in how your body adjust to being on a birth controle method.
    I used the Nuva ring for a while it works well as long as you remember to use it the right way one mistake and bam your pregnant lol. depo worked for me after i had my son at 17 i was on that for 3 years but i never had any problems with it but know others who have.
    they have alot of new ones out now days maybe you should try the Mirena is IUD but is good for 5 years and can be removed when ever you want it to.
    Anonymous

• I love Mirena!!!! And they said as soon as you take it out, your ready to have another baby. no waiting period after it's out.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I would recommend the Mirena IUD. It has a very low hormone dose and the hormones are localized to your uterus, not your entire blood stream. I haven't had any negative side effects with the Mirena either.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• NFP...oh wait...I have a son from that. (we weren't expecting me to ovulate on day 8 of my cycle!)
    Condoms! Oh...hmmm...have a son from that, too. (used correctly, no break)

Guess I'm no help! lol

Just keep in mind that whatever you do chose to do...NO form of birth control is 100%
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• dont get a depo it will mess you up and you will gain weight and i was on that try nuva ring
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Right now we are using the FAM (fertility Awareness Method).
    But pretty soon here lifes been hectic and kinda busy so I'll be getting an iud. I cant remember pills every single day, the patch was a mess, it made my whole body hurt and the risks taking it are signifigantly higher than with bcps. The shot made my sister (and everyone else who I know took it) gain weight.
    So.
    IUD or nothing for me (besides FAM)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009