my daughter is 16, she wants to go on a school trip to costa rica, what is everyones opinion of this?

Tammy L.

Asked by Tammy L. at 11:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know that I would. I remember my school trips that were "chaperoned" for us, that just meant that we reported to someone twice a day. Granted, we just went to Disney World but I can only imagine what kind of trouble we could have gotten in out of the country.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2012

• No I wouldn't let my child go but that's just me.
    italianmama0015

Answer by italianmama0015 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2012

• I'd be scared to death with my kids being on a plane. jmo
    wickedgirl69

Answer by wickedgirl69 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2012

• hell no! lol but then again i am one of those over protective mothers who dosen't let her children go anywhere....the only place my dd spends the night is my parents, until recently and i'll let her stay at my brother's but if she is with my dh's family, he has to stay the night too (she's almost 6)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2012

• My children do not leave this country without me until they are 18. End of story! Now if I was going with them or they were staying in the states we could consider it. But the laws change the second you leave American soil and I'm not comfortable with that. Too many rights and freedoms we take for granted don't exist in other parts of the world. Look at the whole thing in Aruba. Nope, not unless I go too.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2012

• I dont think so, not unless I or dad can go with. Many bad people in this world.
    Anonymous

• My daughter went last summer with her camp. She loved it! There was plenty of supervision and I wasn't worried. She took her iPod with her and in the hotels had free Wifi and was able to text me via FB every day. Costa Rica has become the up and coming place to vacation. They did some volunteer work while there as well as touring. She loved doing the zip line tour while there.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2012