Am I being selfish or sensible???

I have a daughter and stepdaughter and my husband wants us to have a baby between us. That's fine, I agree. He wants one now and I am hesitant. I am taking off in my career which is very stressful, we have a new home that we are getting nestled into, and have planned a nice trip to Florida this summer. If I got pregnant now, I am afraid that the new work stress could cause me to misscarriage, I want to continue to save(unpaid maternity leave at work) and I don't want to be in Florida throwing up and having to sit by the way side while my husband goes on his scuba trip and I have to be preggo watching the girls. What would be wrong waiting just one more year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think that sounds like you are being sensible. Its better to get saved up before you have one if you don't have paid maternity leave. A year or so would be a good amount of time to save up and get everything in order. I understand about the vacation. My hubby keeps trying to plan a trip for us. I am 8 weeks along. I'm tired and sick. I don't want to be sick and tired on vacation. Seems like a waste to me.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 4:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i would tell the hubby how you feel. if you're willing to have one next year then have one next year!! you'll be better off financially!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i thank your being sensible take a vacation next year besides you want to enjoy your vacation without being sick
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think you are being sensible- Unless hubby has a good reason for not waiting I'd say put the proverbial foot down and enjoy your vacation with no bun in the oven.
    My husband and I were backwards on this one. i wanted my baby now while in my last year of college (and predictable life) rather than spending my first year of teaching as a preggers moody in pain person. He wanted me to be working first. (perhpas my reasoning is flawed but that is what i wanted) well we did not get pregnant in August when I wanted (which would have meant having my baby directly after graduation and having a whole summer to spend with him/her) but -oopsie- in October, meaning I'll have the baby in July--- and a little too close to the school year for a comfortable job hunt... sigh...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009