My poor puppy is alergict to fleas! We put front line on him and he is still getting fleas his poor skin is so dry and all he does is scratch! His hair is falling out and everything! Any adivce on what to do? He is a peekingeese..

Rohrig

Asked by Rohrig at 5:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pets

• I have a pekingese also and she has been scratching her hair off in spots due to a skin condition called hot spots. My vet told me to wash her in Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo and she is doing much better.
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 9:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Our dog is allergic to flea saliva too! We use frontline and it works great for her. How long ago did you put it on your dog? I'd suggest giving it some time before trying something new. It takes a few days to kick in and even after that she might still be itchy because of the scabs where she's scratched before.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you could also try one of those garliuqe tablets in peanut butter the garlic will make her taste bad to the fleas
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 8:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You need to treat your home for fleas too. Fleas spend 90% of their time in your carpet and furniture. Fleabusters is a great, safe product that works and is completely safe for you and your children and dog. If they apply the product they guarantee it for a year to kill your fleas or they retreat. If you apply it there is no guarantee.
    Also you can get capstar for your dog to give to her while treating your house. Treat the house and the dog all in the same day. Repeat the frontline in 3 weeks from the first application to get the entire life cycle. Also your dog may have tapeworms adn a skin infection from the scratching. Take her to your veterinarian for an exam for both problems. Good Luck!
    Ruffian

Answer by Ruffian at 9:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008