How do I deal with severe pregnancy depression?

I'm already to the point that I cannot take it and am tempted to end everything, I've no insurance, so meds or professional help are out.I have no one here for me, and am completley alone and was wondering how other single moms got through this.

Asked by KitCatCaite at 11:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• write in a journal every day!!! it helps!!! thats what i did!!!! i got pretty depressed when i was pregnant!!!! its not fun!!!

Answer by Ms.Beth1214 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• there are hotlines that you can health clinics that can refer you to other free services you are in need of. but it tends to be best when you talk to people and have friends to confide in and talk to.
    If you would like you can contact me at or I have messenger for both and would be more than happy to talk to you and give you a shoulder to cry on (metaphorically of I also have amyspace...darksunshine and i have messenger for that one too.

Answer by luvleemommy1217 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• btw...the second "L" in the aol one should be lower case.

Answer by luvleemommy1217 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• You are never completely alone. You have us other moms here to talk to. If you are a single mom, then get some state assistance for your pregnancy related costs. They may possibly cover the whole pregnancy prenatal care and delivery. If you qualify for these types of programs, then you would also be covered for prescription drugs as well. You may need some counseling and some anti-depressants. (your doctor will be able to tell you what is safe to take while expecting) Good luck, God bless, and talk to us if you need to.... Thats why we're here!

Answer by taracv at 3:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I am in the same boat as you. I understand what you are going through. I contacted my local DSHS office and they hooked me up with tons of benefits.. i have full medical for free 300 dollars a month in food.. 350 dollars a month in cash assistance and they also made an appt for me with the WIC office which gives me tons of free food and when the baby is born will give you formula and food. look into it or email me

Answer by casper4991 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2008