Do you think it is cute to teach your baby/toddler to cuss?

My in laws think it is hilarious that they have tought their two year old to swear. IMO it is stupid, immature, and low-class to teach a young child to swear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No Way. I would be po'ed if anyone taught my babies anything like that.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• no its not cute. its not funny and it will come back to bite them in the butt
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When I hear a child swear I feel sorry for them. I also hold the parents responsible. Either they have done it or allowed them to be exposed to those who do. It is about as low class as it gets for me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think its disgusting. Those are not appropriate smart words to use. I think when people cuss a lot it makes them look STUPID and yes, low class.

Its not good vocabulary, and you would think you wanted your little one to be taught good words for when they are older they have a good vocabulary.

[[I hope that made sense]] im really out of it i think lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No, thats not cute at all. Thats how you raise a total brat. My husband is cussing a lot and i always have to tell him to stop it. i really dont want our DD to swear and/or cuss. Its rude and immature.

I totally agree with you.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No way!!!!! But... i will say that one time when my daugher was around 2 1/2 she was pulling a sweater over her head & said "i can't get this F*cking sweater on" We know where she learned it. From Pop Pop when he was trying to move a 6' cactus plant. I had to run in the other room when she said it because i just died laughing, i know i sound horrible, & i would never "teach" my child a swear word, or cuss around her. But i did not want her to see me laugh, because i didn't want her to think that that word gets that reaction out of me. I told her pop was bad for saying it, & that those words are ugly to people, & that they don't like them. She never said it again, but ya.......i thought it was hilarious when she said it. Call me an aweful mom, but it was so funny!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No i hate to see this... Then when they get older they bust them for it.. It just messz with the child.. NO NO NO!!!!!
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Nope but I know someone who does. Her kids say F you all the time. Infact they say every curse word.
    The parents also cuss a lot. I mean, they can't even say a whole sentence without saying a cuss word in between every word. Their fav word is the F word also so that explains why their kids say it so much.
    Anonymous

• No way. Takes so much innocence and beauty away from them. I mean really its ugly when any of us do it, and more so for them. I always think it reflects horribly on the parents because they had to hear from somewhere.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I can't stand that! My nephew swore all the time. Then when I went home my sister thought it would be funny to teach my daughter to say sh*t. Even though I repeatedly told her not too. And had to keep correcting my daughter. That ticked me off to no end!!!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 4:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009