Do you have a will? Where would your children go if something happened to you or your husband?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• If I go before my ex, DS goes to his dad. If we both go DS goes to my sister. Though I am not sure if the ex has changed his will yet and I need to make sure he has. He had DS going to his brother but we had a long drawn out discussion about it and he finally agreed my sister was the better choice.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2012

• Well, my kids are grown but we've solved the real estate problem by owning the property as joint tenants with right of survivorship (we are no longer married).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2012

• Yes. We have a plan in place. They are to go to our closest friends. My parents couldn't handle raising a child and my MIL has health problems that may prevent her from doing what needs to be done. Although, we will take on 2 of our friends kids if something should happen to them and the oldest will go back to her birth mother (being raised by Dad and SM since she was 15 mos old).
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2012

• yes i do have a will.....dd would go to my fiances sister....and ds already lives with grandparents, if something happens to them then i get ds.
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2012

• We don't have a will yet, but are working on it. Our daughter would go to my brother and sister-in-law.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 3:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2012

• All six will go to my sil.
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2012

• If something happened to me my daughter would go to her dad. If both her dad and I were gone she would go to her grandparents on her dad's side as my parents are dead. If we all perish at the same time she would go to my sister. I do have a will I have had one since I was 20 as I inherited property when my parents both died.

booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2012

• my father and step mom would be my choice. my mil would be a canidate but she smokes.... i cant have that. i am lucky to have someone that i can trust to leave my child to if i died.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2012

• My children are all in their 60's. I guess they will go to the funeral if my husband and/or I died.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2012

• My children are grown so I have no worries abot that
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2012