is an induced better than natural?

I'm getting induced on Monday All my family and friends tell me to go natural because they say it's better to go natural than being induce.
please help.!!

marcelina08

Asked by marcelina08 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is better to go natural but if your dr is wanting to induce you im sure there is a medical reason for his choice. Ask your dr why he is inducing you? being induced isnt bad it just makes your labor more painful from what i understand and it can raise your chances of needing a c section but thats not always the case. good luck.
    Anonymous

• natural is better in my opinion. you dont use drugs etc.

but its you choice, its your body and your baby.

good luck...!! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• nope. Induced can throw you into labor so fast that it's scary & more painful. Natural is better, you will ease into labor instead of jumpimg right into it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Natural is better. I had to be induced....guessing you have to as well. I also told them I would wait and see how I felt before I decided about the epideral. And the nurses and doctors were all right, I wanted to epideral. Not to scare you, but when they said the contractions would be more painful they were right. The petocin does that, makes them faster and frequent. And I didn't have a c-section. Once I got the epideral I was a whole new person, so says my husband and mum, who were both there. I had an epideral drip on the lowest medicine level, and could still move my legs around, it just numbed the exact area it was supposed to. I had a great anestesiologist. Good luck, it is the coolest and most wonderful thing to experience.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Induction leads to really strong contractions, so often enough drs give pain meds to the mother, this in turn slows down the contractions so basically they go up and down and too often the baby gets stressed by this and a csection then would be performed, also labor takes longer but I dont know the reason for your induction but I hate that drs automatically induce because you are close to your due date. There was a documentary made by Ricci Lake that had some really great information but I cant remember its name. Check it out if you can. I had an "natural" delivery with an epidural and I had a great experience however my sister was induced and it took forever, but all births are different talk to your dr and do some research okay Good luck.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009