toddler weight gain

other than high calorie diet pediasure and cryproheptadine what have you tried or heard of trying to get a toddler to gain weight. they are talking a feed tube but my husband wants to know if any moms have tried or know of anything that has helped them or anyone you know. thank you

icn_mom

Asked by icn_mom at 4:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• When my neice was little we used pediasure and it worked great for her. In fact she almost gained too much weight. It was very good for her.
    Mochaqua

Answer by Mochaqua at 7:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When my toddler was not gaining weight I was told that I was not getting enough calories into him. I tried lots of things to increase his calorie intake and was able to get his weight up a little bit. (He was 17 lbs at 8 months and by really pushing the calories I got him up to 20 lbs at 2 yrs) Finally, after about a year of trying different things he was diagnosed with celiac disease. At first the pediatric GI specialist looked at his blood tests and said that gluten was not the problem because he was only positive on one blood test and negative on the other three. A different doctor said to put him on a gluten free diet. Once on the GF diet he went form 20 lbs to 24 lbs in one month! I say look more for causes!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. Endorced by over 6000 doctors - I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2009