Does anyone read before commenting?

I have been reading the Q&A's for a few days now and wondered how many of you read the other comments before answering a question? many times I will see a ongoing dialogue in the comments between posters and then a comment will come in that starts everything back at the beginning. Do you think its important to read the other answers before posting your own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do read first usually, but I make sure to if I feel my answer may have been an obvious one- if I want to give info from my own personal experience I may just submit without reading it all.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Sometimes I do. But sometimes there are times when I want to state my opinion without taking the time to read through all the comments (there are times when it gets into several pages). But when I don't read them, I always state at the beginning of my comment that I am commenting without reading all the others.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Not really. The original poster asked a question. I answer according to the information given in the OP. Whether or not I read other comments isn't going to change my answer so unless I have a lot of time to sit and read all the posts, no I don't.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My computer is so slow that by the time my answer gets posted there are usually at least 6 answers already posted from the time I read the question, so it is impossible for me to read all of the answers. I do read those that are there before I start writing my answer.

Answer by Bmat at 5:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It all depends sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I do read the answers before me sometimes. Not all the time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• if there are like 80000 pages no
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I post my answer first, I don't want to be influenced by other poster's answers!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009