if you are passed 37 weeks why is it bad to try and go into labor?

Everyone on here gets POUNDED by other women for asking ways to help labor come on.

i wonder why because it will not do anything until your CERVIX IS READY... so what is the harm in it??

i think its stupid BEFORE 37 weeks.. BUT why is it stupid? Your body will not labor unless it was really ready.

so why knock people down for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly I think it is because some of the things moms try could potentially harm them or their child. I have a friends who is a nurse who has told me some very sad stories about women trying to start labor because they were tired of being pregnant.

Also sometimes your due date could be off by a week or two its not really an exact science all ultra sounds and measurements are estimates so i guess if you think your 37 weeks but your body isnt showing signs of being ready its possible you may only be 35 or 36 weeks.

Being rude to people who are looking for ways isnt the way to handle it though I agree, at that point moms need reassurance it is normal.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• okay some of the things they use, YES could e wrong..

say all they use is sex, accurpressure stimulating nipples .

YOUR BODY WILL NOT GO INTO LABOR THOUGH UNLESS IT IS READY. SO WHETHER YOU DO ALL OF THESE OR NOT, YOUR BODY WILL GO WHEN IT IS READY.

so why do women have to knock the other women down so much?
    Anonymous

• people dont get knocked down for nipple stimulation, sex or accupressure do they? i thought it was only castor oil
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• ive seen it many times

Anonymous

• Are you just looking for an argument? That's what it seems like.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I fully endorse sex in the last weeks lol It worked for me, The things i think of as bad are herbal remedys, oils, spicy food (that just bad for your tummy) and so on. No if you mean sex and nipple stimulation then I agree they shouldnt get yelled at for that, although I would consult my doctor about nipple stimulation first only because there are dangers to it as well, some of us are more sensitive than others lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I don't think she's looking for an argument. Just asking a question.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 5:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yeah im not asking for an argument at all im asking a realquestion. ive been wondering this for a while.

Anonymous

• Here's a good reason...37 weeks may or may not be accurate! Your baby may be younger (or older) than that in reality.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Well in that case its like what some of the other ladies have said. SOME methods could be harmful to you or the baby. But other than those methods I think trying to go into labor is fine. I was one of the ladies ALWAYS at the mall walking my ass off. Or at home having sex :P But none of it worked, like you said, until my baby and body were ready.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009